Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Polar Kangaroo


I harvested a bunch of fresh chocolate mint and shoved it into a bottle of vodka. 24 hours later, I took it out. I stirred some of this vodka with ice cubes and a wee bit of dry vermouth, and voila! A Polar Kangaroo! A kangaroo is the purist's name for a martini made with vodka instead of gin, and it's polar because of the minty freshness.

A tasty cocktail for those evenings spent telling Commander McBragg stories to your buddies at the Royal Exploration Society Club.

"There I was, surrounded by box jellyfish, with only my trusty diving knife and a few feet of kitchen twine..."

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

Mint vodka! Why haven't I thought of that? There's even the lightest tint of green there, too. Like the color of a fine prasiolite.

Jon said...

mmmmmmmm mint martini. finally got our own blog, check us out! homesteadharvest.blogspot.com

we've been inspired!