Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Red and Green: The Stark Duality of Existence

I took this picture through our kitchen window. Minutes earlier, I helped my neighbor lift a pine tree 10" in diameter (it used to live right next to the leaning one you see here) off of his minivan. Minor damage. It was a sudden burst of wind that did it, and it yanked some shingles off of another neighbor's roof. Our house was sheltered by trees, fortunately. I'm able to lift a tree trunk because I'm so big and tough. And the tree was rotten. And I sawed the log in half. And I had help.
I made stuffed peppers because Lindz suggested the idea. When she makes a suggestion, it always turns out to be a good one. Except when she suggested General Tso's Marshmallow Peeps. That sucked.
I used the technique from The New Best Recipe.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

That sucks about the tree. But stuffed peppers are always a good idea. I probably don't make them often enough.

Scott said...

Try Kung Pao Gummi Bears- excellent.