Monday, December 13, 2004

Alright, Alright, I have no special right to bitch

I'm sure it all started with excessively high expectations when I started. But I will say this in my defense-

-At most of my shitty jobs, at least I knew exactly how to do my job, or I could look it up somewhere.

-I had a job I liked for a little while, in San Diego. That seems to have screwed things up inside my head. I was able to concentrate on my job, not deal with the public at all, and I wrote my own job description. I never realized what an amazingly uncommon situation I was in. Unfortunately, San Diego is exorbitantly expensive, and that company was bought out eventually.

-I am a bit disheartened by how I sometimes feel exactly the same here as when I was at Starbucks or UPS. I foolishly hoped for some "more expensive and fancy" kind of stress. Pretty naive, now that I think of it.

1 comment:

Sleepwalker said...

Well, no, your feelings are not all that unexpected at all. There were times I actually wondered if I was better off working at Mickey D's after I got hired as a med tech. Instead of churning out hamburgers, cheeseburgers and Quarter Pounders, now I was working with lab tests/orders. And I had gotten way more respect and and warm fuzzies at Mickey D's.