Sunday, January 23, 2005

Biscuits, Manga, Restaurant Supply and Traffic

Indeed I have been a lazy slug lately. Work has sucked, but last week saw a bit of an improvement.

I've bitched about that enough. Some other developments are:

1)I have over ten days of music in my iPod.
2)U2's new album is very, very good.
3)I made biscuits yesterday.
4)I braised a pork shoulder, shredded it, and Lindz and I put some of it on the biscuits.
5)I recently found a really good restaurant supply store in town. Heaven! I've already gotten a couple of Dexter-Russell Sanisafe knives (an upswept boning knife and a 12" bread knife), and I've got my eye on some Ceramiguard skillets.
6)It took me six and a half hours to get home from work Wednesday. One inch of snow. No one predicted it, and it fell in the afternoon. 3,000 kids were stranded at school. Hundreds and hundreds of accidents occurred. Yes, there were a few spots where it was slippery, but COME ON. If people here in North Carolina shit their pants when a dusting of snow falls, I hope no terrorists get wise. This is a real soft spot.
7)I got a hardcover copy of Akira, a very fine graphic novel (manga). The anime movie is quite cool, but the book is better.

That's the news from North Raleigh.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

Can we go to the restaurant supply store when we come in April? Can we can we can we??

As for the H-bomb snow crisis...unbefreakinglievable.

Anonymous said...

I am dying to know the name and location of the supply store.....why oh why would you keep such information to yourself?