Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ah, That's Better.


 Posted by Picasa

Today went better (less stuff went wrong), so I was able to cultivate a good mood through the course of the day. A good mood can put whipped cream on a bucket of shit. I got home, and, upon the brilliant suggestion of my wife, I made the salad you see above. Grilled flank steak, greens, toasted pine nuts, blue cheese, Vidalia onion, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. That really hit the spot. While all this was being prepared, gin & tonics died valiant deaths in my kitchen. I put mint in them, as pictured in this month's issue of Saveur magazine. Is there really any finer cocktail, I ask you?

Dessert consisted of vanilla ice cream, fresh strawberries and Chambord. The whole time, we were listening to "Spirit Trail" by Bruce Hornsby.

Life can go on.

P.S. Jon, I'm thrilled that you're still looking at my blog. Yes, a job is a Hobby Support System. But it either needs to pay more or suck less...

1 comment:

Sleepwalker said...

Oh man, I haven't had a gin and tonic in years. It used to be my favorite drink, but I think I've gotten too lazy to make them. With so much beer and wine in the house, we don't even think of making mixed drinks any more. Making margaritas a few months ago was a big deal.

The steak salad looks wonderful. Never tried pine nuts on them, we usually go with walnuts.