Saturday, December 17, 2005

Der Raleigh-Stollen Schmeckt Gut

(listening to "Protection" by Massive Attack)
 
 Posted by Picasa
I got positive reviews from everyone who ate some of my stollen. I'm glad I decided to make something German. I adapted the recipe from The Joy of Cooking. I used candied pineapple and toasted walnuts, which do not appear in the original recipe. I took it in to work for a potluck, and my my supervisor's boss asked if she could move in with me. I think I'd just like a raise, please.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

You know, there really ought to be a way to make the world bow at our feet using food. I had someone at work tell me once that if cooking/baking ability counted as managerial skills, I would be running the hospital. A job you couldn't possibly pay me enough to do, incidentally, but it's an interesting thought. If only there was a way to harness that oral gratification that causes people to spontaneously utter such things.

Looks mighty good, BTW. I will be making a batch of that next week, probably. I will stick to my 'heavy on the cherries' rule, and use the coffee cans.

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful, Chris!

Hey - are we making plans for this weekend? We've all got obligations to negotiate, I know, and I'd like to sketch out a plan of attack for where I need to be and when.

Call me?