Sunday, May 13, 2007

Up in Michigan 2

Our late maternal grandmother had an incredible collection of salt & pepper shakers. Grandpa built the display cabinet.

I found this sign at a store in Frankenmuth. It's virtually identical to one that our late paternal grandparents had in their front porch area (my sister has that one in her guest room now). I hung it on our porch in Raleigh.

This is Delphi. However, it is Steering Gear to us. It was Saginaw Division of General Motors. Our dad worked there for 34 years. I left the picture file full-size for detail.

This 1967 ranch is the house is the first house I ever lived in. It still has the same sycamore tree out front. Our family lived here for 11 years before moving to the house where our mother still lives today.

But enough about the past. Here is my eldest nephew, standard-bearer of our family's next generation, lighting fireworks in the sandbox:

And here is my eldest niece bouncing on the trampoline:

2 comments:

Scott said...

Holy crap! the trees have sure grown a lot at the old house at 338 Homestead Lane.

Sleepwalker said...

Oh my gosh. That house looks exactly the same.

You guys really took a trip down memory lane. Great post!