Saturday, May 12, 2007

Up in Michigan (some random pics)

My brother and I drove up to Michigan. In Ohio, we purchased a bunch of fireworks for the delight of our nephews and ourselves. Here's one lighting up the sky above our elder brother's back yard:

This is the bathroom I shared with my siblings as a child. I believe it's original to the 1964 construction of the house. One doesn't find lavender toilets, tubs and sinks very often anymore.

Here is part of the slate backsplash in my sister and brother-in-law's new basement kitchen. The basement is gorgeous, and there are no purple fixtures.

The reason for our journey was the baptism of our new niece, Cecilia. It was a beautiful day, and she is a beautiful baby.

As always, food was crucial to the family visit. I helped my sister make three caramelized onion pizzas for the baptism lunch. Here's the first one out of the oven:

It was goooood. We drank plenty of beer with it, such as Bell's Pale Ale, Bell's Amber Ale and, most importantly, the dedicatory homebrew: Petite Merde Transverse Brown Ale. There was plenty of food of all sorts, and lots of family & friends.

2 comments:

Scott said...

The one of the firework is cool.

Sleepwalker said...

Thanks again for all the food and help in the kitchen while I was going through my pre-trip jitters. We gotta do this again, either here or down in NC. I feel like I missed precious time with you guys.