Sunday, March 30, 2008

Good Locovorous Weekend

I did a big shopping run at the farmers' market on Saturday. I decided to turn some of the local eggs into pasta:
The rolling of the sheets:
The cutting of the tagliatelle (they're actually more easily handled when I cut them by hand):

And the kitty cat keeps everything under surveillance:

The tagliatelle was adorned with a sausage ragu (the sausage also came from the farmers' market) and roasted asparagus and walnuts. Walnuts are good on pasta! Why didn't I stumble on that before? We didn't starve.

2 comments:

eretria said...

Hopefully you have some leftovers for my poor silly man?
Thanks for picking him up, Chris, it's muchly appreciated. Will Oliver still look at him, though, I wonder? I know my cat ignored me for two full days after I came back from the States.

Sleepwalker said...

Some years ago I stumbled upon the combo of fresh sage, blue cheese and toasted walnuts tossed with hot pasta. Walnuts are good on pretty much everything!

I like the color of the egg yolks. The ones in the styrofoam containers in the megamarts don't quite look like that.