Thursday, May 27, 2004

It's hot
My time is wasted on silly things like work
There's livin' that needs to be done

Cooking
Brewing beer
Baking bread
Having sex
Going places
Writing about it

Drudgery ain't my bag, yo. Maybe it's the ADD in me that keeps me from enjoying 47 hours or so of menial work every week.

However, food is always a welcome entertainment:

A few days ago, my wife and I sat down to a dinner of pan seared pork chops with blueberry/herb vinegar sauce with baked sweet potatoes. Afterwards, we had some pound cake (made by my sister) with fresh strawberries (from the Farmers' Market, see below) and Chambord-spiked whipped cream (made with the Mixer o' Death, see below).

Yesterday, I went to a little barbecue place on Chapel Hill road, Davis Family Barbecue. I got a couple of pounds of pulled pork. Heaven. Smoky, vinegary. I ate it on pita bread when I got home. Before stopping at the barbecue place, I had a couple of Yuenglings at Rocco's bar and grill, just across the road. An unassuming little place in a snippet of stripmall. An improvement to a shitty day at work.

No comments: