Sunday, November 12, 2006

Foray into Plumbing




Well, I've soldered a few pipe joints. It's fun to use a propane torch. I originally bought the torch for doing creme brulee and roasting peppers. It seems that one can use it for this stuff, too. I haven't worked on the supply pipes yet (translation: I haven't shut off the water, screwed something up and necessitated a night in a hotel), but I built the riser to the showerhead, the elbow that goes down to the faucet (shown) and the wooden supports that will hold them. The previous work is unimpressive (that is, if you are impressed by watertightness and structural integrity). I want to pressure-test my joints before I start sawing supply lines in the wall, but my confidence has increased.

3 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

I am mightily impressed by all this.

Kate said...

Ha! My husband uses my creme brulee torch for soldering too!

Anonymous said...

i'm SO impressed!! wanna teach me how to take care of MY house? yay, jerkstick! your talents are amazing!