Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sushi and Rolls

My brother and I got sushi for lunch at Sushi Thai in Cary (superlative food, by the way).

Our late grandmother on our father's side was a huge sushi fan. She could often be found at Frankentrost Sushi, drinking Sapporo with her hamachi. One time someone asked to taste a piece of her unagi and moved their chopsticks toward the plate, presuming consent. Grandma grabbed the chopsticks out of the man's hands and snapped them in two. She threw them on the floor and said, in her heavy Italian accent, "You toucha my sushi, I breaka you face! I serva you lungs to you onna plate, capeesh?" *



*Except for the fact that Grandma was not Italian, had probably never even heard of sushi, and never said an unkind word in her life, this is all true. I don't think there are any sushi restaurants in Frankentrost, Michigan either, now that I think of it.

4 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

*LOL*

What's that colorful choo-choo train on the right side of the plate?

Scott said...

Yum!
Obviously you've never been to Hetzner's Sushi, right there on M-46. Incredible potato-lard rolls.

Mister Orange said...

The colorful one, which prompted me to whip out my phone and take a picture, is a Four Seasons Roll. Tuna, avocado, cucumbers, scallions, sesame seeds, and four different types of masago on top. Real good. Not pictured (it was on a separate plate and arrived a minute later) was the Crunch Roll.

Anonymous said...

we shall go together when i arrive.

i'm envisioning a recreation of the Simpsons episode where Homer's at the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet at the Rusty Barnacle.

"ARG! Look at the monstrosity!"

i've found my replacement for favorite fish, btw. twas hamachi, but now i've really got a crush on a fish called Ono.

oh, yes...