Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A Fine Housewarming Gift, and Gluttony Too

My sister and my brother-in-law, as I mentioned in the previous post, came down from Michigan to visit Lindz and I. One of the places where they stopped was the Lodge Cast Iron Factory Store in Tennessee. They got us a 14" pizza pan as a housewarming gift. It has already proved to be an excellent tool for roasting potatoes:

Posted by Hello
I decided to make pizza from scratch tonight. On the stereo was a random mix of K.D. Lang, John Lee Hooker, Emmylou Harris and a jazz compilation. I made a batch of dough, cooked some Italian sausages, made some herb oil and prepared the mushrooms and onions. This was a sauceless pizza, the way I prefer it. I preheated the iron pan in the oven, and I was very pleased with the results:

Posted by Hello

It's a hot hunk of metal, and my pizza stone (sans handles and breakable) seems a bit obsolete. I'll keep it in the oven for temperature stabilization, though.

Many thanks for the fine gift.

1 comment:

Sleepwalker said...

Dang!! Looka that! I sooo gotta try mine...