Saturday, September 17, 2005

Chipotles al Borracho Naranjo

I got some red and green jalapenos and some poblanos, I seeded them, and I put SmokeDroid to work:
They're arranged on a mesh pizza screen which I purchased at the restaurant supply store for precisely this purpose.
I drank Franziskaner Hefeweisse on the deck while I smoked them for two hours. We listened to Beck, Moby, Beastie Boys and the Doors while this was happening. I then chopped them up and pureed them with some vinegar, salt and honey. It's a very hot, smoky salsa:
I mixed some of it with mayonnaise, which we put on our Half-Pound Burgers o' Death. I must say, that was some goodass crap.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

A chipotle smackdown...mmmmmmmmm!

Mr. Waterhouse said...

Yes, but what were you LISTENING to while you did so? (That's some of my favorite stuff.) I like listening to La Boheme while I make pasta.