Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Pantry

We worked our asses off this weekend. It's not completely done yet (the doors still need to be painted and attached), but we went from here:

to here:
It involved moving the entire contents of the pantry, painting the pantry, painting the old kitchen wall cabinets, installing them, building some shelves to fit the corner (out of the old shelves) and moving everything back in. We'll have to live with it for a while and fine tune the placement of everything, but I think we gained significant storage space.

It looks great in there. It's the same color green as the kitchen (amazingly difficult to photograph; it looks completely different in different lights). As an amusing side note, we found a date stamped on the back of one of the cabinets: January 13th, 1981. We installed these cabinets in their new location 27 years to the day after they were built.

3 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

I had the sneaking feeling I just spent an extraordinarily lazy weekend. Now I'm sure of it.

Scott said...

You guys kick ass. I wish I could accomplish 1/69th of what you guys do.

eretria said...

Bravo! That really does look most excellent.
Now, do you feel like coming over here and installing some extra shelves so I can store all my books properly? If you can find wall-space, that is?