Friday, September 10, 2004

sedated


I am sitting in my cubicle, fifteen minutes before my shift starts.
I've been reading and training, not really doing anything with consequences.
I feel just a little sedated. I'm still getting used to this, and the arrival of my first payday here will probably put a little spring in my step.

My mom and Ron (I'm not sure what his official title is; boyfriend seems a bit silly) visited Lindsey and I over Labor Day weekend, and a good time was had by all. We did some shopping at the flea market and the Farmers' Market (I got some potted herbs). I cooked dinner for us, of course. I smashed up some garlic and fresh rosemary from my plant in the Giant Mortar and Pestle of Death. A bit of salt and pepper, oil and honey went in there too. I smeared this goo all over a couple of pork tenderloins. I roasted a huge red pepper in the oven. Lindsey used that in the risotto. I grilled the pork and some zucchini on the Broil-Mate 3844 of Death. Tasty.

My mom brought a bunch of stuff with her for me. I had left a bunch of stuff in my room when I moved to San Diego in 1995, including a lot of cd's. I have been reunited with my old Metallica, Tesla, Anthrax, Van Halen, Megadeth and much more.

No comments: