Tuesday, September 28, 2004

A Well Wrought Blade


 Posted by Hello
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the shit. In celebration of finding a real job, this is my gift to myself, a completely selfish indulgence: A 10 inch Viking chef's knife. It is a solid, hefty, balanced and wickedly sharp piece of steel. Its name is Ringil.
I received a Williams Sonoma gift card from my parents-in-law, and I got the Boos Block with it. I had wanted one for years, and it has surpassed my expectations. It's as hard as a rock.
Shameless materialism. It's fun to get what you want now and then. Many onions shall meet their destiny at Ringil's edge! (Howard Dean-style war cry)

1 comment:

Sleepwalker said...

'Many times Morgoth essayed to smite him, and each time Fingolfin leaped away, as a lightning shoots from under a dark cloud; and he wounded Morgoth with seven wounds, and seven times Morgoth gave a cry of anguish, whereat the hosts of Angband fell upon their faces in dismay, and the cries echoed in the Northlands.'


I'm speechless with admiration...