Monday, February 28, 2005

Food Again

I didn't take any pictures, but here's what Lindz and I grazed upon on Saturday night:

An olive selection including Mt. Athos, Picholine and Kalamata olives, with a couple of pickled cippoline onions thrown in

A soft, gooey French cheese (I think it was St. Marsellin or something like that, I didn't keep the label)- very soft, like Brie but more luxurious and earthy.

Wensleydale cheese with cranberries

My own tomato bruschetta topping

Albondigas de Cordero (Lamb Meatballs): I put a healthy dose of garlic and rosemary in these, and then I breaded them with Panko crumbs. Crispy goodness.

We drank a very interesting Montsant from Spain (I should have saved that label too). Mostly Garnacha. Warm, enveloping stuff, with hints of anise and alcohol heat. I really liked it.

We watched Napoleon Dynamite. It was a pleasant evening.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

It all sounds wondrous, but I can say we also have a fondness for the Wensleydale with cranberries. Perfect any time, but especially around the holidays. Hard to find around here.

I've so far been immune to the Napoleon Dynamite craze sweeping the nation. But enough coworkers have gotten me curious. Even decorating their lockers with pics and tag lines.

Anonymous said...

PEDRO FOR PRESIDENT!