Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The first shower has been taken

Everything seems to be working. I wanted to document it with photos, but Lindz resisted that idea. She locked the bathroom door and wouldn't let me in with the camera.

It was a hell of a lot of work. We could have taken shortcuts. I remember what my late paternal grandfather used to say about this sort of thing. He'd tell me, in his singsong Italian accent, "Well, eef you're gonna beeld a-sometheenk, eet might as well really be a-sometheenk."*

It seemed strange going into the master bathroom with the intention of showering, just as it would seem strange to go into the pantry with that intention. For such a long time, it has been a place of work, not of bathing.




*My grandpa never really said this, nor did he have an exaggerated Italian accent.

1 comment:

Sleepwalker said...

Geez, you've faithfully documented everything else up to this point with pics, I can't imagine why Lindsey would object...

No, Grandpa would have given you an exuberant 'Haaarr-schuft!!' if he could see what you've wrought.