Saturday, March 03, 2007

MORE TILING ACTION THAN YOU CAN HANDLE!

(listening to "She's a Jar" by Wilco)
Yes, we're very cool people. This is what we do on the weekends. Every single weekend since Jesus was a corporal, it seems. It's been a very long time since a shower has taken place in this bathroom.


(listening to "Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating" by Ben Harper)
I spent a good bit of time at the tile saw today. I had to make the cuts to accommodate two shelves and the soap dish. It's a wet tile saw, so one gets a mixture of water and tile dust flying around. The tile dust is brown. By the time I finished all those cuts, I looked like I either got a great tan or was a native Pakistani. My hair was nice and gritty, too.

We're getting closer to completion all the time.
Changing the subject, I feel the need to describe what I'm drinking. I put some dried blueberries in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and added a bit of dry white wine to soften them. I smashed them up with a muddler and added a couple ounces of Absolut Pears vodka and some ice. I shook it and dumped the result, smashed blueberries and all, into a martini glass. It's quite tasty, albeit somewhat more foo-foo of a tipple than I usually drink. Lindz, a friend and I had something similar at the Duck & Dumpling last night. Last night's drink was excellent. The main difference is that last night's drink had regular vodka instead of pear. It was also ten bucks. It was worth every penny; we had a splendid time. Good Mooshu Duck. Good Crabcake. Good Green Papaya Salad with Grilled Lemongrass Flank Steak. The Tuna Tartar was too heavy on the wasabi, regrettably. Nevertheless, go and eat there. Immediately.

2 comments:

Sleepwalker said...

Don't shoot me but...is that soap shelf upside down?

The drink sounds interesting (and good). Is this the new trend? Last time I paid attention to mixed drinks, the chocolate martini was all the rage.

Mister Orange said...

The shelves can be used either way. The other way is more sloped and with a drain spout, for a bar of soap.