Monday, October 25, 2004

Evidence Left by the Orange Wino


This is a mere fraction of the corks Luis (Don Luisito), my excellent friend of some years, and I have generated. Don Luisito and I have drained many a bottle to the dregs. Ah, memories. I bequeathed this corkboard to him when I was getting ready to move across the country. He took me out to dinner on my last night in San Diego (La Casa de Guadalajara in Old Town, I had Mole Poblano), and my last glimpse of the Pacific Ocean was through the window of his mid-80's Nissan Sentra.

Yes, many a bottle has been drunk and many a topic has been discussed by Don Luisito and myself, often on my patio in North County San Diego or in one noisy bar or another (Shakespeare's by the airport or Nunu's in Hillcrest most immediately rush to mind).
 Posted by Hello

No comments: