Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Life Goes On

Sitting at work. Yes, sitting at work. The calls come in slower at night.

This is pretty damned stressful when it's busy, and I've had some weird calls. All things considered, we're doing pretty well. Friday creeps inexorably closer, bringing payday and the end of a draining week.

I get such a charge out of my nephews. I can't wait to get home and see their little sister, too. I enjoy their company; there's nothing like bright kids to keep you young and simultaneously force you to be some sort of an adult, too.

What has happened to me? I felt so paternal as I sliced cantaloupe and poured glasses of orange juice for the boys. I was genuinely concerned about giving them some nutritious food to eat (of course I also felt a burden of duty to their mother to take good care of them). At some point, while I wasn't looking, I grew up a little.

No comments: