Saturday, July 17, 2004


Posted by Hello

The House has been Baptized with Fire and Meat.

We haven't moved in yet.  The only things in the house are tools, scrapings, sawdust and a stepladder, but we bought a grill today.  It just wouldn't wait.  I have never in my entire life had a real, non-crappy grill.  Here I am with the brand-new Broil-Mate 3844.  I was amazed at how fabulous the assembly directions weren't, but the grill works very well indeed.  Note the lush greenery around me, and the Pete's Wicked Ale behind me.  The surprisingly solid spatula was $2.99 at Food Lion.

We enjoyed our burgers and beer, and then we strolled around the lake.  We admired the variety of shrubberies and houses, and we encountered a startling number of geese meandering about the shore.  Ice cream sandwiches capped it off.

It's a pity we still need to move all of our stuff into the house.



No comments: