Saturday, July 24, 2004

More Flashing than Mardi Gras

Lindz's Dad has been kind enough to come out to the house for some highly appreciated assistance and moral support.  We're fixing some drywall and a bit of flashing today.  We spent some quality time on the roof yesterday afternoon.  We also put up a hammock in the back yard.  The time when Lindsey and I actually wake up at the house is drawing nearer.  We currently just visit it to get dirty and paint-spattered.

I have written little here of late, largely because I have been busy with the house.  I have eaten very little interesting food; leftovers and fast food have been the bulk of my fare (we haven't spent much time in the kitchen where my cookware is).  I've had a bit of good beer at the Sawmill Tap Room, however:
Highland Brewing Company Kashmir I.P.A. -A nice, clean India Pale Ale
Duck Rabbit Brewing Amber Ale - I don't think they have a website.  It's brewed in Farmville, NC, a podunk town, I'm told.  The Amber has a lovely, sumptuous brown sugar body with a perfectly balanced backbone of hoppy bitterness.

I have finally gotten a phone call I was waiting for - I have a job interview on Wednesday at PPD Medical Communications.  I'm struggling to avoid getting my hopes up too high, but it looks fairly promising.  The idea of getting out of Starbucks is intoxicating.  Shitty jobs are ruining my life.

Anyway, we'll see.

No comments: